Sunday, March 18, 2007

Dooley for Alderman campaign announces initial legislative agenda

Faced with having one of the state’s most notorious sexual predators thrust upon their community, the City of Franklin passed a unique resolution which protected their children by stopping the state from placing sexual predators into their community upon their release from the Department of Corrections even though those sexual predators were not from the City of Franklin.

Since that time many other communities have passed similar resolutions.

Why should our city take the risk of having sexual predators forced upon us that are from other communities?

I believe the time has come for Racine to adopt the same resolution.

If I am fortunate enough to be elected Alderman in the 7th district I will make it my first priority to introduce this resolution in Racine. I have obtained a copy of the language from the author of this resolution, Franklin Alderman Steve Olson, and intend to introduce this resolution as my first order of business when elected.

Our children deserve this common sense protection.

No comments: